Orbitz Launches Green Microsite, Corporate Citizenship Initiative
The microsite includes articles on eco-travel, eco-friendly destinations, top green hotels, eco-volunteer opportunities, and travel tips. Customers can also offset the emissions of their travel through a partnership with Carbonfund.org.
Internally, Orbitz has set up a recycling program that includes recycling bins, discontinued use of all Styrofoam cups, bowls and plates, using recyclable paper products, recycling cans for paper, and collection bins in each supply room for batteries.
The company has also installed motion sensor lights in offices and conference rooms, high performance lighting throughout the common seating areas, and water saving filters on kitchen taps.
Last September, Expedia and TerraPass partnered to offer Flight TerraPasses to travelers when they buy plane tickets through Expedia’s site.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE