Orbitz Launches Green Microsite, Corporate Citizenship Initiative
The microsite includes articles on eco-travel, eco-friendly destinations, top green hotels, eco-volunteer opportunities, and travel tips. Customers can also offset the emissions of their travel through a partnership with Carbonfund.org.
Internally, Orbitz has set up a recycling program that includes recycling bins, discontinued use of all Styrofoam cups, bowls and plates, using recyclable paper products, recycling cans for paper, and collection bins in each supply room for batteries.
The company has also installed motion sensor lights in offices and conference rooms, high performance lighting throughout the common seating areas, and water saving filters on kitchen taps.
Last September, Expedia and TerraPass partnered to offer Flight TerraPasses to travelers when they buy plane tickets through Expedia’s site.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners