Orbitz Launches Green Microsite, Corporate Citizenship Initiative
The microsite includes articles on eco-travel, eco-friendly destinations, top green hotels, eco-volunteer opportunities, and travel tips. Customers can also offset the emissions of their travel through a partnership with Carbonfund.org.
Internally, Orbitz has set up a recycling program that includes recycling bins, discontinued use of all Styrofoam cups, bowls and plates, using recyclable paper products, recycling cans for paper, and collection bins in each supply room for batteries.
The company has also installed motion sensor lights in offices and conference rooms, high performance lighting throughout the common seating areas, and water saving filters on kitchen taps.
Last September, Expedia and TerraPass partnered to offer Flight TerraPasses to travelers when they buy plane tickets through Expedia’s site.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables