Orbitz Launches Green Microsite, Corporate Citizenship Initiative
The microsite includes articles on eco-travel, eco-friendly destinations, top green hotels, eco-volunteer opportunities, and travel tips. Customers can also offset the emissions of their travel through a partnership with Carbonfund.org.
Internally, Orbitz has set up a recycling program that includes recycling bins, discontinued use of all Styrofoam cups, bowls and plates, using recyclable paper products, recycling cans for paper, and collection bins in each supply room for batteries.
The company has also installed motion sensor lights in offices and conference rooms, high performance lighting throughout the common seating areas, and water saving filters on kitchen taps.
Last September, Expedia and TerraPass partnered to offer Flight TerraPasses to travelers when they buy plane tickets through Expedia’s site.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters