Pepsi ‘Headline Sponsor’ of Live Earth
In the coming weeks, PepsiCo will unveil plans to reduce its carbon footprint and extend its environmentally friendly practices, AdWeek reports.
The company will be one of the headline sponsors of the Live Earth concert on July 7 – other U.S. sponsors include Microsoft, Stonyfield Farm and DaimlerChrysler’s Smart division.
Pepsi will feature the Live Earth event on cans and bottles. “Pepsi will help us reach millions and millions of people,” said Yusef Robb, rep for Live Earth, Los Angeles.
The news comes out just as Coca-Cola has been touting measures to reduce energy consumption at its two million square foot world headquarters by 23 percent and reduce its water consumption by nearly 15 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls