Pepsi ‘Headline Sponsor’ of Live Earth
In the coming weeks, PepsiCo will unveil plans to reduce its carbon footprint and extend its environmentally friendly practices, AdWeek reports.
The company will be one of the headline sponsors of the Live Earth concert on July 7 – other U.S. sponsors include Microsoft, Stonyfield Farm and DaimlerChrysler’s Smart division.
Pepsi will feature the Live Earth event on cans and bottles. “Pepsi will help us reach millions and millions of people,” said Yusef Robb, rep for Live Earth, Los Angeles.
The news comes out just as Coca-Cola has been touting measures to reduce energy consumption at its two million square foot world headquarters by 23 percent and reduce its water consumption by nearly 15 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries