Sylvania Plans 10% Emissions Cut, Launches Sustainability Program
Osram Sylvania has launched a global care sustainability initiative which includes a 10 percent reduction in company energy use by 2008.
In addition, the company has set up an online recycling service for customers and says it will eliminate its polyvinylchloride packages by the end of 2008. A new 100 percent recycled paperboard package, called SmartPak, will be used instead of PVC compact fluorescent packaging. For other PVC product packages, the company will transition to plastic materials that it says is suitable for curbside recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike