Sylvania Plans 10% Emissions Cut, Launches Sustainability Program
Osram Sylvania has launched a global care sustainability initiative which includes a 10 percent reduction in company energy use by 2008.
In addition, the company has set up an online recycling service for customers and says it will eliminate its polyvinylchloride packages by the end of 2008. A new 100 percent recycled paperboard package, called SmartPak, will be used instead of PVC compact fluorescent packaging. For other PVC product packages, the company will transition to plastic materials that it says is suitable for curbside recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Leased Spaces
- NorthStar ACE Protects Telecom Backups
- Georgia Marine Base Will Be Net Zero
- 77 Maryland Families Evicted After Condo Association Defaults on Utility Bills
- C&I Ratepayers Are Driving Green Tariff Development in Regulated Markets
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit