Sylvania Plans 10% Emissions Cut, Launches Sustainability Program
Osram Sylvania has launched a global care sustainability initiative which includes a 10 percent reduction in company energy use by 2008.
In addition, the company has set up an online recycling service for customers and says it will eliminate its polyvinylchloride packages by the end of 2008. A new 100 percent recycled paperboard package, called SmartPak, will be used instead of PVC compact fluorescent packaging. For other PVC product packages, the company will transition to plastic materials that it says is suitable for curbside recycling.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners