Tiffany Turns To Solar Energy
Tiffany & Co. has deployed 1.3 megawatts of solar energy at the company’s retail distribution centers in Whippany (680 kilowatts) and Parsippany (656 kilowatts).
Comprised of 6,394 solar panels and covering 104,000 square feet, the solar arrays will supply on average approximately 30 percent of Tiffany’s distribution centers’ electrical load at peak demand times. Additionally, the company says that lighting upgrades will help achieve an overall estimated annual project value of more than $500,000 in savings.
The project was underwritten in part by rebate incentives provided by the NJ Clean Energy Program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market