Tiffany Turns To Solar Energy
Tiffany & Co. has deployed 1.3 megawatts of solar energy at the company’s retail distribution centers in Whippany (680 kilowatts) and Parsippany (656 kilowatts).
Comprised of 6,394 solar panels and covering 104,000 square feet, the solar arrays will supply on average approximately 30 percent of Tiffany’s distribution centers’ electrical load at peak demand times. Additionally, the company says that lighting upgrades will help achieve an overall estimated annual project value of more than $500,000 in savings.
The project was underwritten in part by rebate incentives provided by the NJ Clean Energy Program.
Energy Manager News
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing