Tiffany Turns To Solar Energy
Tiffany & Co. has deployed 1.3 megawatts of solar energy at the company’s retail distribution centers in Whippany (680 kilowatts) and Parsippany (656 kilowatts).
Comprised of 6,394 solar panels and covering 104,000 square feet, the solar arrays will supply on average approximately 30 percent of Tiffany’s distribution centers’ electrical load at peak demand times. Additionally, the company says that lighting upgrades will help achieve an overall estimated annual project value of more than $500,000 in savings.
The project was underwritten in part by rebate incentives provided by the NJ Clean Energy Program.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management