Desktop Toolbar Gives Running Total Of CO2 Savings
Snap.com has developed a CO2 Saver toolbar that allows computer users to save electricity when away from their computers – up to 95 percent according to the company. CO2 Saver resides on the desktop and immediately adjusts user’s Windows Power Management settings to reduce their computer’s energy use when idle.
The CO2 Saver toolbar calculates the amount of energy it saves, converts it to prevented emissions from power plants, and displays the amount of CO2 a user has saved.
There’s a free CO2 Saver Partner Edition that can be custom branded and distributed to members. It includes a toolbar with your logo, a link to your web site and a running total of your group’s cumulative CO2 savings.
Earth 911, for example, is providing the CO2 Saver toolbar to its users.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.