Desktop Toolbar Gives Running Total Of CO2 Savings
Snap.com has developed a CO2 Saver toolbar that allows computer users to save electricity when away from their computers – up to 95 percent according to the company. CO2 Saver resides on the desktop and immediately adjusts user’s Windows Power Management settings to reduce their computer’s energy use when idle.
The CO2 Saver toolbar calculates the amount of energy it saves, converts it to prevented emissions from power plants, and displays the amount of CO2 a user has saved.
There’s a free CO2 Saver Partner Edition that can be custom branded and distributed to members. It includes a toolbar with your logo, a link to your web site and a running total of your group’s cumulative CO2 savings.
Earth 911, for example, is providing the CO2 Saver toolbar to its users.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland