Desktop Toolbar Gives Running Total Of CO2 Savings
Snap.com has developed a CO2 Saver toolbar that allows computer users to save electricity when away from their computers – up to 95 percent according to the company. CO2 Saver resides on the desktop and immediately adjusts user’s Windows Power Management settings to reduce their computer’s energy use when idle.
The CO2 Saver toolbar calculates the amount of energy it saves, converts it to prevented emissions from power plants, and displays the amount of CO2 a user has saved.
There’s a free CO2 Saver Partner Edition that can be custom branded and distributed to members. It includes a toolbar with your logo, a link to your web site and a running total of your group’s cumulative CO2 savings.
Earth 911, for example, is providing the CO2 Saver toolbar to its users.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation