Desktop Toolbar Gives Running Total Of CO2 Savings
Snap.com has developed a CO2 Saver toolbar that allows computer users to save electricity when away from their computers – up to 95 percent according to the company. CO2 Saver resides on the desktop and immediately adjusts user’s Windows Power Management settings to reduce their computer’s energy use when idle.
The CO2 Saver toolbar calculates the amount of energy it saves, converts it to prevented emissions from power plants, and displays the amount of CO2 a user has saved.
There’s a free CO2 Saver Partner Edition that can be custom branded and distributed to members. It includes a toolbar with your logo, a link to your web site and a running total of your group’s cumulative CO2 savings.
Earth 911, for example, is providing the CO2 Saver toolbar to its users.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls