Marketers Pitch Tree Planting For Arbor Day
As soon as Earth Day was over, many marketers switched their focus to Arbor Day (April 27). Here are a few of them:
Universal Pictures and The Conservation Fund have launched the Get On Board initiative. The website features the “Almighty Forest,” an online destination where people, for a donation of $5, can plant a virtual tree. The money goes to The Conservation Fund to plant real trees. Trees can be acquired individually, in “groves” of 50, or as a “forest within the forest,” with a donation equaling 1,000 trees.
Through the end of May, Doubletree Hotels has a “Pledge to Plant Challenge” going. People who make a personal pledge to plant may receive two of their very own seedling trees, compliments of Doubletree and The National Arbor Day Foundation which they can plant and raise. No purchase or hotel reservation is necessary. Doubletree is matching every Pledge to Plant Promise by donating an additional two live seedling trees to plant in a regional or national forest. More than 100,000 forest green “Think Trees” ribbons will be worn by Doubletree employees, more than 10,000 grade school students and anyone visiting any of Doubletree’s 180 properties tomorrow.
Washington Mutual is making a donation to the The National Arbor Day Foundation to plant a tree in a national forest for every customer who makes the choice in 2007 to receive their account statements online rather than being mailed a paper statement. WaMu hopes to plant 1,000,000 trees.
Citi announced that its plant a tree program, launched in January, which encourages its credit card holders to switch to paperless statements by planting a tree for each conversion made, has resulted in 300,000 trees planted nationwide.
New York City said taxpayers will fund the cost of planting 1 million trees.
Earlier this month, researchers from Stanford University and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory released a study finding that only tropical rain forests are strongly beneficial in helping slow down global warming.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports