Clif Bar Field Marketers Get Biodiesel Trucks
Clif Bar has rolled out eight Dodge Ram 2500 Turbo biodiesel-powered trucks that will be driven by Clif Bar field marketing managers who rack up more than 120,000 miles a year bringing Clif products and environmental messages to people at sports, music, lifestyle and “green” events.
Last October, the company switched to B100 biodiesel fuel to run the trucks that transport its products between its bakery and distribution center.
This past winter, the Clif Bar Save Our Snow Winter Roadtrip traveled throughout the Western United States and Canada in an RV fueled with 100 percent waste vegetable oil.
In December 2006, Clif Bar launched Cool Commute, an incentive program to pay cash to employees who purchase biodiesel cars and hybrids.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency