Clif Bar Field Marketers Get Biodiesel Trucks
Clif Bar has rolled out eight Dodge Ram 2500 Turbo biodiesel-powered trucks that will be driven by Clif Bar field marketing managers who rack up more than 120,000 miles a year bringing Clif products and environmental messages to people at sports, music, lifestyle and “green” events.
Last October, the company switched to B100 biodiesel fuel to run the trucks that transport its products between its bakery and distribution center.
This past winter, the Clif Bar Save Our Snow Winter Roadtrip traveled throughout the Western United States and Canada in an RV fueled with 100 percent waste vegetable oil.
In December 2006, Clif Bar launched Cool Commute, an incentive program to pay cash to employees who purchase biodiesel cars and hybrids.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging