Kohl’s Plans Solar Power for 64 California Stores
Kohl’s is converting more than 75 percent of its department stores in California to solar power beginning in May, BizJournals reports. Twenty-four of Kohl’s 80 California stores will immediately convert, and the company is seeking permits and approvals for another 40 stores in the state.
Kohl’s is working with SunEdison.
The company is investigating solar options in seven other states.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By Leeds
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento
- ORNL Building Efficiency Software Available as Open Source Code
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs