Kohl’s Plans Solar Power for 64 California Stores
Kohl’s is converting more than 75 percent of its department stores in California to solar power beginning in May, BizJournals reports. Twenty-four of Kohl’s 80 California stores will immediately convert, and the company is seeking permits and approvals for another 40 stores in the state.
Kohl’s is working with SunEdison.
The company is investigating solar options in seven other states.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland