Kohl’s Plans Solar Power for 64 California Stores
Kohl’s is converting more than 75 percent of its department stores in California to solar power beginning in May, BizJournals reports. Twenty-four of Kohl’s 80 California stores will immediately convert, and the company is seeking permits and approvals for another 40 stores in the state.
Kohl’s is working with SunEdison.
The company is investigating solar options in seven other states.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries