Crutchfield Teams With CES On Electronics Recycling Education
Consumer electronics marketer Crutchfield has partnered with the Consumer Electronics Association to offer an online tool to help consumers locate recycling facilities for all sorts of electronics in markets across the U.S.
A recent Crutchfield survey showed that fewer than 30 percent of their customers are aware of any local electronics recycling options. Consumers who visit www.crutchfield.com/recycling can input their zip code to get a list of local or regional recycling centers. This locator service is powered by CEA’s myGreenElectronics database.
Additionally, Crutchfield will remind customers after each purchase of the importance of recycling and tell them how to find the nearest recycling center.
“We are very excited that Crutchfield has become the first retailer to offer CEA’s electronics recycling information on a nationwide scale,” said Parker Brugge, CEA’s senior director and environmental counsel.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities