Crutchfield Teams With CES On Electronics Recycling Education
Consumer electronics marketer Crutchfield has partnered with the Consumer Electronics Association to offer an online tool to help consumers locate recycling facilities for all sorts of electronics in markets across the U.S.
A recent Crutchfield survey showed that fewer than 30 percent of their customers are aware of any local electronics recycling options. Consumers who visit www.crutchfield.com/recycling can input their zip code to get a list of local or regional recycling centers. This locator service is powered by CEA’s myGreenElectronics database.
Additionally, Crutchfield will remind customers after each purchase of the importance of recycling and tell them how to find the nearest recycling center.
“We are very excited that Crutchfield has become the first retailer to offer CEA’s electronics recycling information on a nationwide scale,” said Parker Brugge, CEA’s senior director and environmental counsel.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency