Crutchfield Teams With CES On Electronics Recycling Education
Consumer electronics marketer Crutchfield has partnered with the Consumer Electronics Association to offer an online tool to help consumers locate recycling facilities for all sorts of electronics in markets across the U.S.
A recent Crutchfield survey showed that fewer than 30 percent of their customers are aware of any local electronics recycling options. Consumers who visit www.crutchfield.com/recycling can input their zip code to get a list of local or regional recycling centers. This locator service is powered by CEA’s myGreenElectronics database.
Additionally, Crutchfield will remind customers after each purchase of the importance of recycling and tell them how to find the nearest recycling center.
“We are very excited that Crutchfield has become the first retailer to offer CEA’s electronics recycling information on a nationwide scale,” said Parker Brugge, CEA’s senior director and environmental counsel.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations