Herman Miller Releases Sustainability Report
This report demonstrates that we do what we say at Herman Miller,” said Paul Murray, director of Environmental Health and Safety at Herman Miller. “Our Perfect Vision plan has us on a course to becoming a 100 percent sustainable company by 2020 and every day we’re making progress toward that goal with the help of thousands of employees from around the world.”
Highlights from the report include:
- New, earth-friendly product lines, including My Studio Environments and Vivo Interiors, were launched.
- Waste reduction programs were recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- More than 27.5 percent of energy needs were met by renewable sources.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity