Herman Miller Releases Sustainability Report
This report demonstrates that we do what we say at Herman Miller,” said Paul Murray, director of Environmental Health and Safety at Herman Miller. “Our Perfect Vision plan has us on a course to becoming a 100 percent sustainable company by 2020 and every day we’re making progress toward that goal with the help of thousands of employees from around the world.”
Highlights from the report include:
- New, earth-friendly product lines, including My Studio Environments and Vivo Interiors, were launched.
- Waste reduction programs were recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- More than 27.5 percent of energy needs were met by renewable sources.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators