Wal-Mart Backs Mayors’ Climate Protection Award
Wal-Mart Stores has partnered with Mayors Climate Protection Center of the U.S. Conference of Mayors to launch an annual Mayors’ Climate Protection Award to honor leading efforts made by mayors in American cities. The winning mayors will demonstrate a commitment and progress “to protect the environment, increase energy efficiency in cities, and make the planet sustainable for generations to come.
An independent panel of judges will select the winners of the 2007 Mayors’ Climate Protection Awards and final determinations will be made in early June. The announcement of the Mayors’ Climate Protection Award-winning mayors will be made at the first Annual Mayors’ Climate Protection Awards Luncheon during the 75th Annual Conference of Mayors meeting in June, 2007, scheduled to be held in Los Angeles.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses