Wal-Mart Backs Mayors’ Climate Protection Award
Wal-Mart Stores has partnered with Mayors Climate Protection Center of the U.S. Conference of Mayors to launch an annual Mayors’ Climate Protection Award to honor leading efforts made by mayors in American cities. The winning mayors will demonstrate a commitment and progress “to protect the environment, increase energy efficiency in cities, and make the planet sustainable for generations to come.
An independent panel of judges will select the winners of the 2007 Mayors’ Climate Protection Awards and final determinations will be made in early June. The announcement of the Mayors’ Climate Protection Award-winning mayors will be made at the first Annual Mayors’ Climate Protection Awards Luncheon during the 75th Annual Conference of Mayors meeting in June, 2007, scheduled to be held in Los Angeles.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA