Foster’s Turns Brewery Waste Into Electricity
Scientists at Australia’s University of Queensland were given a $115,000 government grant to install a microbial fuel cell at a Foster’s Group brewery near Brisbane, the capital of Queensland state.
The technology is expected to be applied in other breweries and wineries owned by Foster’s. The cell is primarily a waste water treatment that has the added benefit of creating electricity.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA