Students Vote To Offset 100% Of Campus Energy Through Fee Increase
Students at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Oregon passed a proposal adding a $15 fee to every college bill to ensure that the campus will offset 100% of its electricity and natural gas usage with renewable energy, TreeHugger reports. The movement, led by Students for a Sustainable Future It passed with a clear majority of 85 percent of the student body.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment