Students Vote To Offset 100% Of Campus Energy Through Fee Increase
Students at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Oregon passed a proposal adding a $15 fee to every college bill to ensure that the campus will offset 100% of its electricity and natural gas usage with renewable energy, TreeHugger reports. The movement, led by Students for a Sustainable Future It passed with a clear majority of 85 percent of the student body.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED