Students Vote To Offset 100% Of Campus Energy Through Fee Increase
Students at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Oregon passed a proposal adding a $15 fee to every college bill to ensure that the campus will offset 100% of its electricity and natural gas usage with renewable energy, TreeHugger reports. The movement, led by Students for a Sustainable Future It passed with a clear majority of 85 percent of the student body.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation