WPNI’s Whitaker Discusses Launch Of Sprig
Marketing Green has an interesting interview with Mark Whitaker, Editor-in-Chief of New Ventures, Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive which offers a behind-the-scenes look at the launch of Sprig, the new green consumer site.
A key ingredient to Sprig, which plans to target women as the primary consumers and decision makers about green products, is short, Daily Candy-like newsletters that will focus on viral elements. But unlike Daily Candy, the Sprig site will do more than archive the newsletters. The site will have 2-3 new video clips a week, ranging from consumerists profiles of companies to “how-tos” with interviews with green experts. Green celebrities will fill out an online questionnaire that will be uploaded with pictures that they send in. Celebrities will also go into Sprig’s database to identify products that they like, to create sort of a celebrity wish list.
Consumers will also have a template that users can use to create their own page. They can fill out the questionnaire, upload pictures, fill out the questionnaire, pick products from the database and create a profile page that looks like one of Sprig’s expert pages.
Whitaker thinks the killer app in this is the interactive, searchable database of green products.
“One thing you will notice is that in terms of the aesthetics: [Sprig] is not about shouting green at you,” Whitaker says. “If you go to most of the existing green sites and publications, the color green almost become a clichA?A??A?AA©.”
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs