California Utilities Launch No-Cost Energy Efficiency Loans
Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric have launched on-bill financing and are lending $5 million apiece, at no cost, to small businesses to buy energy-efficient equipment, The LA Times reports.
The loans, which range from about $5,000 to $50,000, can be used by small companies to replace light fixtures, refrigeration units, air conditioning systems, water heaters and other equipment that use too much energy.
Once the loan is paid off, the business owns the equipment and the utilities get closer to their mandated energy saving goals.
Collateral and business credit checks aren’t required, but a customer must have a good payment record with the utility.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland