California Utilities Launch No-Cost Energy Efficiency Loans
Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric have launched on-bill financing and are lending $5 million apiece, at no cost, to small businesses to buy energy-efficient equipment, The LA Times reports.
The loans, which range from about $5,000 to $50,000, can be used by small companies to replace light fixtures, refrigeration units, air conditioning systems, water heaters and other equipment that use too much energy.
Once the loan is paid off, the business owns the equipment and the utilities get closer to their mandated energy saving goals.
Collateral and business credit checks aren’t required, but a customer must have a good payment record with the utility.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years