California Utilities Launch No-Cost Energy Efficiency Loans
Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric have launched on-bill financing and are lending $5 million apiece, at no cost, to small businesses to buy energy-efficient equipment, The LA Times reports.
The loans, which range from about $5,000 to $50,000, can be used by small companies to replace light fixtures, refrigeration units, air conditioning systems, water heaters and other equipment that use too much energy.
Once the loan is paid off, the business owns the equipment and the utilities get closer to their mandated energy saving goals.
Collateral and business credit checks aren’t required, but a customer must have a good payment record with the utility.
Energy Manager News
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division