California Utilities Launch No-Cost Energy Efficiency Loans
Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric have launched on-bill financing and are lending $5 million apiece, at no cost, to small businesses to buy energy-efficient equipment, The LA Times reports.
The loans, which range from about $5,000 to $50,000, can be used by small companies to replace light fixtures, refrigeration units, air conditioning systems, water heaters and other equipment that use too much energy.
Once the loan is paid off, the business owns the equipment and the utilities get closer to their mandated energy saving goals.
Collateral and business credit checks aren’t required, but a customer must have a good payment record with the utility.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works