California Utilities Launch No-Cost Energy Efficiency Loans
Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric have launched on-bill financing and are lending $5 million apiece, at no cost, to small businesses to buy energy-efficient equipment, The LA Times reports.
The loans, which range from about $5,000 to $50,000, can be used by small companies to replace light fixtures, refrigeration units, air conditioning systems, water heaters and other equipment that use too much energy.
Once the loan is paid off, the business owns the equipment and the utilities get closer to their mandated energy saving goals.
Collateral and business credit checks aren’t required, but a customer must have a good payment record with the utility.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool