Boeing’s Armstrong Heads New Enterprise Environmental Organization
Boeing has named Mary Armstrong as vice president of Environment, Health and Safety, a new organization designed to integrate and expand the focus of the separate environmental groups and initiatives that currently exist within the company. Armstrong had previously been president of Boeing’s Shared Services Group (SSG).
Armstrong will report to John Tracy, senior vice president of Engineering, Operation & Technology. The new organization’s activities will be guided by a new Environment, Health and Safety Strategy/Policy Council that includes Boeing Chairman, President and CEO Jim McNerney.
The new Environment, Health and Safety organization will combine the existing Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs (SHEA) functions of SSG with new functions which Boeing says will be focused on:
- Establishing enterprise strategies and objectives to address current and potential future environmental issues associated with Boeing products, services, facilities and technologies, and those of its business partners.
- Defining and implementing enterprise environmental management systems and tools for integrating environmental risk management into the company’s core operating processes, such as design and manufacturing.
- Establishing standards, processes and guidelines for routinely tracking Boeing’s and its business partners’ performance to these environmental plans and objectives.
Armstrong will be succeeded as president of SSG by Tim Copes, formerly vice president of Technical Services for Commercial Aviation Services.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform