Chesapeake Greens Up Logo, Launches American Clean Skies Foundation
Natural gas producer Chesapeake Energy Corporation has introduced a new logo featuring a distinctive green element that the company hopes will get consumers to associate natural gas with sound environmental choices.
A bright green stroke is the most notable addition to the new logo. “This element suggests the earth and visibly communicates the company’s commitment to the environment,” said Chesapeake’s chairman and CEO, Aubrey K. McClendon.
In his email to Chesapeake’s 5,000 employees that rolled out the new “Clean and Green” logo, McClendon said that Chesapeake and the natural gas industry can help solve the energy and environmental challenges the country and the world are facing in the years ahead.
McClendon also said that Chesepeake was founding the American Clean Skies Foundation, which will be based in Washington, D.C. and headed by Denise Bode upon her resignation from Oklahoma’s Corporation Commission at the end of May.
McClendon indicated in an interview with The Hill that the foundation would not be afraid to challenge Big Coal, despite that industry’s powerful backers on Capitol Hill.
“We will be an aggressive and forceful advocate of natural gas, and I should add, effective,” McClendon said.
Chesapeake was a sponsor of the “Face It: Coal is Filthy” advertising campaign that drew rebuke from Rep. Nick Rahall on the House floor.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike