Flexcar Rolls Into Pittsburgh
Car-sharing service Flexcar has rolled into Pittsburgh, making it the 12th city the company operates in.
The car-sharing program will begin service in both downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland in May with an initial fleet of 20 vehicles. The company says businesses can use Flexcar for meetings, site visits or other business-related trips. Flexcar business memberships include invoices that can be coded according to a company’s internal cost tracking.
Vehicles are parked in reserved parking spots throughout downtown. Members reserve a Flexcar online or via touchtone phone, use their Flexcard to open the doors, take their trip and then return the car to its parking spot at the end of the reservation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations