Nymex To Compete With CCX
The New York Mercantile Exchange plans to offer contracts for trading carbon dioxide, The Wall Street Journal reports. Nymex hopes to use its existing relationships with energy companies and traders to snatch business from the Chicago Climate Exchange.Â Nymex hasn’t said when this might launch.
Even without a mandatory cap, U.S. companies have been trading voluntary allowances. Companies in the U.S. are buying allowances to offset their own emissions, either to promote a green public image or to gain experience in allowance trading.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses