Nymex To Compete With CCX
The New York Mercantile Exchange plans to offer contracts for trading carbon dioxide, The Wall Street Journal reports. Nymex hopes to use its existing relationships with energy companies and traders to snatch business from the Chicago Climate Exchange. Nymex hasn’t said when this might launch.
Even without a mandatory cap, U.S. companies have been trading voluntary allowances. Companies in the U.S. are buying allowances to offset their own emissions, either to promote a green public image or to gain experience in allowance trading.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners