Nymex To Compete With CCX
The New York Mercantile Exchange plans to offer contracts for trading carbon dioxide, The Wall Street Journal reports. Nymex hopes to use its existing relationships with energy companies and traders to snatch business from the Chicago Climate Exchange. Nymex hasn’t said when this might launch.
Even without a mandatory cap, U.S. companies have been trading voluntary allowances. Companies in the U.S. are buying allowances to offset their own emissions, either to promote a green public image or to gain experience in allowance trading.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018