Nymex To Compete With CCX
The New York Mercantile Exchange plans to offer contracts for trading carbon dioxide, The Wall Street Journal reports. Nymex hopes to use its existing relationships with energy companies and traders to snatch business from the Chicago Climate Exchange. Nymex hasn’t said when this might launch.
Even without a mandatory cap, U.S. companies have been trading voluntary allowances. Companies in the U.S. are buying allowances to offset their own emissions, either to promote a green public image or to gain experience in allowance trading.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls