Abbott Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Abbott has released its 2006 Global Citizenship Report.
As part of its efforts to protect the environment, Abbott has set five-year performance goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, hazardous waste and water usage, and improve workplace safety by 2010. The company says it is on track to meet those goals and has reached several milestones in 2006, including:
- Partnering with Environmental Defense on the GreenFleet initiative to measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions in fleet vehicles, with preliminary data indicating a four percent reduction in emissions.
- Implementing a plan to manage water use and work with the communities to improve access to clean water; this includes 30 water conservation projects that Abbott says will result in annual water reduction of more than 208 million gallons.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs