Abbott Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Abbott has released its 2006 Global Citizenship Report.
As part of its efforts to protect the environment, Abbott has set five-year performance goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, hazardous waste and water usage, and improve workplace safety by 2010. The company says it is on track to meet those goals and has reached several milestones in 2006, including:
- Partnering with Environmental Defense on the GreenFleet initiative to measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions in fleet vehicles, with preliminary data indicating a four percent reduction in emissions.
- Implementing a plan to manage water use and work with the communities to improve access to clean water; this includes 30 water conservation projects that Abbott says will result in annual water reduction of more than 208 million gallons.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend