Abbott Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Abbott has released its 2006 Global Citizenship Report.
As part of its efforts to protect the environment, Abbott has set five-year performance goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, hazardous waste and water usage, and improve workplace safety by 2010. The company says it is on track to meet those goals and has reached several milestones in 2006, including:
- Partnering with Environmental Defense on the GreenFleet initiative to measure, reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions in fleet vehicles, with preliminary data indicating a four percent reduction in emissions.
- Implementing a plan to manage water use and work with the communities to improve access to clean water; this includes 30 water conservation projects that Abbott says will result in annual water reduction of more than 208 million gallons.
Energy Manager News
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers