ColdWatt’s High-Efficiency Power Supplies Turn IT Heads
ColdWatt has developed a digital power conversion technology for AC-DC power subsystems that uses magnetics to increase energy storage in its power supplies and digital controls to boost efficiency and flexibility.
According to the company, its front-end power supplies boast better than 90 percent efficiency, compared with the 70 percent efficiency level of commodity power supplies.
ColdWatt’s first offerings are the 650W Power Sub-System and the AC-DC 1U 1200W Power Supply, designed for 1U servers.
ColdWatt recently joined The Green Grid.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy