Hotel Chains Partner With Green Suites
Two hotel chains -? America’s Best Inns & Suites and Country Hearth Inns -? will feature EcoRooms with products that the chains say are energy efficient, water efficient, waste reducing, and non-toxic and/or biodegradable.
According to Dan Bornholdt, president of Green Suites International, which is partnering with America’s Best Franchising to supply EcoRooms, “This is the first time that an entire hotel chain has made the commitment to EcoRooms and to protecting the environment.”
This is just the latest in a long line of announcements from hotels on green initiatives. And while destinations continue to get attention, groups are beginning to look at guest emissions in traveling to those destinations.
Energy Manager News
- Utilities Reaching Out Through Analytics
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology in the U.K.
- Singapore to Look at Placing Datacenters in Hot, Humid Environments
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal