ConocoPhillips Pledges $1 Million To Climate Change Group
ConocoPhillips has pledged $1 million to support an industry-university collaboration working to develop policies that address global climate change, according to Duke University President Richard Brodhead.
The Climate Change Policy Partnership is a four-year initiative launched last year by Duke University and Duke Energy to pool the expertise of the university’s Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, and Center on Global Change with other concerned partners in the corporate and academic worlds.
ConocoPhillips’ gift will support research and policy analysis on a range of climate change and energy issues.
The CCPP will expand its focus as it adds new partners from the nation’s agricultural and financial services industries. International packaging company MeadWestvaco joined the partnership earlier this year.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry