NYC’s Yellow Cabs 100% Green By 2012
New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012, CNN reports.
Mayor Bloomberg will begin a cycle of replacement that will see 20 percent replaced each year until all of the city’s approximately 13,000 taxis are hybrids in 2012.
The vehicles approved for use on city streets include four SUVs – the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400H, Ford Escape and Saturn VUE Green Line – and four four-door sedans – the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store