NYC’s Yellow Cabs 100% Green By 2012
New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012, CNN reports.
Mayor Bloomberg will begin a cycle of replacement that will see 20 percent replaced each year until all of the city’s approximately 13,000 taxis are hybrids in 2012.
The vehicles approved for use on city streets include four SUVs – the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400H, Ford Escape and Saturn VUE Green Line – and four four-door sedans – the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED