NYC’s Yellow Cabs 100% Green By 2012
New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012, CNN reports.
Mayor Bloomberg will begin a cycle of replacement that will see 20 percent replaced each year until all of the city’s approximately 13,000 taxis are hybrids in 2012.
The vehicles approved for use on city streets include four SUVs – the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400H, Ford Escape and Saturn VUE Green Line – and four four-door sedans – the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT