NYC’s Yellow Cabs 100% Green By 2012
New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012, CNN reports.
Mayor Bloomberg will begin a cycle of replacement that will see 20 percent replaced each year until all of the city’s approximately 13,000 taxis are hybrids in 2012.
The vehicles approved for use on city streets include four SUVs – the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400H, Ford Escape and Saturn VUE Green Line – and four four-door sedans – the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data