NYC’s Yellow Cabs 100% Green By 2012
New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012, CNN reports.
Mayor Bloomberg will begin a cycle of replacement that will see 20 percent replaced each year until all of the city’s approximately 13,000 taxis are hybrids in 2012.
The vehicles approved for use on city streets include four SUVs – the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400H, Ford Escape and Saturn VUE Green Line – and four four-door sedans – the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management