NYC’s Yellow Cabs 100% Green By 2012
New York City’s entire taxi fleet will be converted to gas-electric hybrids by 2012, CNN reports.
Mayor Bloomberg will begin a cycle of replacement that will see 20 percent replaced each year until all of the city’s approximately 13,000 taxis are hybrids in 2012.
The vehicles approved for use on city streets include four SUVs – the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 400H, Ford Escape and Saturn VUE Green Line – and four four-door sedans – the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Pittsburgh Embarks on District Energy Plan
- Truly Transparent Benchmarking Data
- New Tariffs on Chinese Solar Cells Could Raise Costs for US Buyers
- It’s Going to Take Time to Implement Tenant Star
- Schneider Targets Smaller Healthcare Facilities for Energy Management
- Historic Athletic Club to Undergo $2.4M Energy Efficiency Retrofit
- H5 Data Centers Deploys Eaton UPS
- Universal Coordinates LED Tubes with Compatible Ballasts