Philips Nabs ‘Global Lighting Partner for Live Earth’ Tag
It’s not clear in the press release exactly what kind of exposure this will give Philips, but it gets the tag of ‘Global Lighting Partner for Live Earth’ (at least that’s used in the press release). And promoters say the Live Earth concerts will bring together more than 2 billion people on July 7, which only marks the beginning of a multi-year campaign.
Philips is actively campaigning together with the lighting industry, NGOs, energy suppliers, governments and retailers to switch to energy saving lighting in streets, offices, buildings and homes.
“With new lighting technology available today, savings of up to $143 billion on energy costs are possible, reducing CO2 output by 592 million tons per year. This equates to up to 1560 million barrels of oil annually,” says Theo van Deursen, CEO of Philips Lighting.
Pepsi was recently named headline sponsor of Live Earth.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners