Philips Nabs ‘Global Lighting Partner for Live Earth’ Tag
It’s not clear in the press release exactly what kind of exposure this will give Philips, but it gets the tag of ‘Global Lighting Partner for Live Earth’ (at least that’s used in the press release). And promoters say the Live Earth concerts will bring together more than 2 billion people on July 7, which only marks the beginning of a multi-year campaign.
Philips is actively campaigning together with the lighting industry, NGOs, energy suppliers, governments and retailers to switch to energy saving lighting in streets, offices, buildings and homes.
“With new lighting technology available today, savings of up to $143 billion on energy costs are possible, reducing CO2 output by 592 million tons per year. This equates to up to 1560 million barrels of oil annually,” says Theo van Deursen, CEO of Philips Lighting.
Pepsi was recently named headline sponsor of Live Earth.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland