Stora Enso Adds Third-party Chain-Of-Custody Certifications
Six of Stora Enso’s North American mills have achieved third-party chain-of-custody certifications for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification programs. Stora Enso says it’s the first coated paper manufacturer in North America to achieve SFI Chain-of-Custody certification.
“Our customers, who require assurance that products are made with fiber from responsibly managed forests, have increased choices with the three certification systems we now have in place,” says Gordy Mouw, environmental manager of Stora Enso Wood Supply U.S. “Stora Enso plans to announce the additional certified products in the very near future.”
Chain-of-custody is a third-party certified system that documents the path taken by wood from the forest to the mill, through to the customer.
Stora Enso Speciality Papers recently launched EcoSet, a wet-strength label paper specifically designed to meet the rising market demand for water bottles made from polyethylene terephthalate.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners