Stora Enso Adds Third-party Chain-Of-Custody Certifications
Six of Stora Enso’s North American mills have achieved third-party chain-of-custody certifications for the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification¬†programs. Stora Enso says it’s the first coated paper manufacturer in North America to achieve SFI Chain-of-Custody certification.
¬†“Our customers, who require assurance that products are made with fiber from responsibly managed forests, have increased choices with the three certification systems we now have in place,” says Gordy Mouw, environmental manager of Stora Enso Wood Supply U.S. “Stora Enso plans to announce the additional certified products in the very near future.”
Chain-of-custody is a third-party certified system that documents the path taken by wood from the forest to the mill, through to the customer.
Stora Enso Speciality Papers recently launched EcoSet, a wet-strength label paper specifically designed to meet the rising market demand for water bottles made from polyethylene terephthalate.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System