UPS Adds 50 Hybrid Electrics To Fleet
UPS has expanded its fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles with the deployment of 50 next-generation hybrid electric delivery trucks.
The 50 hybrid electric vehicles will operate in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.
The 50 new HEV package cars are expected to reduce fuel consumption by roughly 44,000 gallons over the course of a year compared to an equivalent number of traditional diesel trucks.
UPS isn’t the only package delivery company greening its fleet – Fedex, for one, is adding similar vehicles to its fleet.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators