UPS Adds 50 Hybrid Electrics To Fleet
UPS has expanded its fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles with the deployment of 50 next-generation hybrid electric delivery trucks.
The 50 hybrid electric vehicles will operate in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.
The 50 new HEV package cars are expected to reduce fuel consumption by roughly 44,000 gallons over the course of a year compared to an equivalent number of traditional diesel trucks.
UPS isn’t the only package delivery company greening its fleet – Fedex, for one, is adding similar vehicles to its fleet.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.