UPS Adds 50 Hybrid Electrics To Fleet
UPS has expanded its fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles with the deployment of 50 next-generation hybrid electric delivery trucks.
The 50 hybrid electric vehicles will operate in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.
The 50 new HEV package cars are expected to reduce fuel consumption by roughly 44,000 gallons over the course of a year compared to an equivalent number of traditional diesel trucks.
UPS isn’t the only package delivery company greening its fleet – Fedex, for one, is adding similar vehicles to its fleet.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works