UPS Adds 50 Hybrid Electrics To Fleet
UPS has expanded its fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles with the deployment of 50 next-generation hybrid electric delivery trucks.
The 50 hybrid electric vehicles will operate in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Phoenix.
The 50 new HEV package cars are expected to reduce fuel consumption by roughly 44,000 gallons over the course of a year compared to an equivalent number of traditional diesel trucks.
UPS isn’t the only package delivery company greening its fleet – Fedex, for one, is adding similar vehicles to its fleet.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant