100 Swiss Re Employees Use ‘CO You2 Reduce and Gain’ Subsidy
About 100 Swiss Re employees have received payouts under its CO You2 Reduce and Gain program, that was launched at the beginning of the year, BusinessGreen Blog reports. That’s about one percent of eligible employees.
Under the program, staff who have been with the company for over two years are eligible for a subsidy of up to CNF5,000 ($4,073) if they make an investment in a CO2 reducing technology. Staff typically using the subsidy to go towards new hybrid cars, home energy audits, heat pumps, double glazed windows and more energy efficient air conditioning systems.
Other companies, including Bank of America, offer employee rebates for similar investments.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts