Sony Buys Geothermal For Tokyo’s Sony Building
Sony Corp. has signed an agreement for more than 10 million kWh of geothermal power per year with Japan Natural Energy Co., TechOn reports. Combined with its preceding contract for wind power generation of 5.5 million kWh, Sony will be issued a Green Power Certificate of up to 15.5 million kWh per year.
Sony has set a goal to reduce its greenhouse gas emission by seven percent on an absolute amount basis by 2010 from the amount it emitted in 2000. Of the green power Sony has contracted, approximately 2.9 million kWh will be allotted to power consumption in common area at Sony Building (Tokyo) from June 2007. Combined with the amount already allotted to the showroom area, green power will account for about 75 percent of overall power used at Sony Building, Sony said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight