Sony Buys Geothermal For Tokyo’s Sony Building
Sony Corp. has signed an agreement for more than 10 million kWh of geothermal power per year with Japan Natural Energy Co., TechOn reports. Combined with its preceding contract for wind power generation of 5.5 million kWh, Sony will be issued a Green Power Certificate of up to 15.5 million kWh per year.
Sony has set a goal to reduce its greenhouse gas emission by seven percent on an absolute amount basis by 2010 from the amount it emitted in 2000. Of the green power Sony has contracted, approximately 2.9 million kWh will be allotted to power consumption in common area at Sony Building (Tokyo) from June 2007. Combined with the amount already allotted to the showroom area, green power will account for about 75 percent of overall power used at Sony Building, Sony said.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging