Sony Buys Geothermal For Tokyo’s Sony Building
Sony Corp. has signed an agreement for more than 10 million kWh of geothermal power per year with Japan Natural Energy Co., TechOn reports. Combined with its preceding contract for wind power generation of 5.5 million kWh, Sony will be issued a Green Power Certificate of up to 15.5 million kWh per year.
Sony has set a goal to reduce its greenhouse gas emission by seven percent on an absolute amount basis by 2010 from the amount it emitted in 2000. Of the green power Sony has contracted, approximately 2.9 million kWh will be allotted to power consumption in common area at Sony Building (Tokyo) from June 2007. Combined with the amount already allotted to the showroom area, green power will account for about 75 percent of overall power used at Sony Building, Sony said.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform