Research: LOHAS To Double To $420 Billion By 2010
The $200 billion+ LOHAS industry (Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability) is on track to jump to $420 billion in just three years and then jump to $845 billion by 2015, according to the Natural Marketing Institute.
The news was delivered at the recent LOHAS 11 conference.
“Given everything that’s happening in the LOHAS movement, it’s easy to see how NMI’s research would yield these extremely promising numbers,” said Ted Ning, LOHAS 11 Conference Director. “Sustainability is now part of many businesses and industries, and is sure to expand into even more categories, since more consumers every year want to spend their money with environmentally friendly companies.”
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion