Research: LOHAS To Double To $420 Billion By 2010
The $200 billion+ LOHAS industry (Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability) is on track to jump to $420 billion in just three years and then jump to $845 billion by 2015, according to the Natural Marketing Institute.
The news was delivered at the recent LOHAS 11 conference.
“Given everything that’s happening in the LOHAS movement, it’s easy to see how NMI’s research would yield these extremely promising numbers,” said Ted Ning, LOHAS 11 Conference Director. “Sustainability is now part of many businesses and industries, and is sure to expand into even more categories, since more consumers every year want to spend their money with environmentally friendly companies.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B