Epson Institutes New Paper Procurement Policy
Epson has launched a new procurement management policy and procurement standards focusing on paper products, including plain and photo papers developed for Epson printers.
Epson says that the policy takes into consideration the social, economic, and environmental sustainability of forests, and expands the purchase of paper products that can be confirmed as meeting those policy standards.
Epson says that it consulted with WWF Japan on the policy and that Epson will continue to receive information from WWF in implementing the policy.
Epson intends to achieve a 100% procurement compliance rate by FY2010. In addition, specific procurement management activities will be developed during the current fiscal year for domestically procured paper and from FY2008 for paper procured overseas.
If virgin pulp is to be used as a raw material, the raw material wood shall be legal according to the forestry laws of the country in which it is produced, and there shall be no violations of the laws, etc. of the nations or regions with authority at all stages, including production, extraction, processing, shipping and export.
If virgin pulp is to be used as a raw material, the raw material wood shall be produced in a sustainable manner.
It shall be confirmed that the material does not intentionally contain “chemicals prohibited from inclusion in products” as designated by the Seiko Epson Group. For details, see “SEG Green Purchasing Standard for Production Materials”.
The production plants for the paper products procured shall be managed in environmentally responsible ways.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market