ITA Plans Green Manufacturing Day
The International Trade Administration has announced its intentions to organize a “Green Manufacturing Day” to “enhance public-private interaction in the field of sustainable manufacturing,” IndustryWeek reports.
The ITA notes that “at this early stage in sustainable manufacturing’s development, increased public-private interaction can be an effective means for government and industry to identify the opportunities and challenges faced by manufacturers in pursuing sustainable production practices and promote capacity-building among individual firms and industry sectors as a whole.”
“Green Manufacturing Day” is tentatively scheduled for September 2007. The Department of Commerce is requesting feedback. Contact William McElnea, U.S. Department of Commerce, Room 2213, 1401 Constitution Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20230 , firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend