Wachovia Plans 300 ‘Green’ Branches
Eight new offices in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and Riverside counties will open starting in November. All will have silver-level LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Wachovia is also seeking the higher gold-level certification at some centers.
Plans include lower water flow in restrooms, energy-efficient lighting, educational displays, bike racks and preferred parking for low-emission cars.
Wachovia expects to save up to $80,000 in construction costs for each new branch built, reduce overall energy use and see reduced operating costs of about 20 percent in the first year.
Energy Manager News
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016