Wachovia Plans 300 ‘Green’ Branches
Eight new offices in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and Riverside counties will open starting in November. All will have silver-level LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Wachovia is also seeking the higher gold-level certification at some centers.
Plans include lower water flow in restrooms, energy-efficient lighting, educational displays, bike racks and preferred parking for low-emission cars.
Wachovia expects to save up to $80,000 in construction costs for each new branch built, reduce overall energy use and see reduced operating costs of about 20 percent in the first year.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike