Wachovia Plans 300 ‘Green’ Branches
Eight new offices in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and Riverside counties will open starting in November. All will have silver-level LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Wachovia is also seeking the higher gold-level certification at some centers.
Plans include lower water flow in restrooms, energy-efficient lighting, educational displays, bike racks and preferred parking for low-emission cars.
Wachovia expects to save up to $80,000 in construction costs for each new branch built, reduce overall energy use and see reduced operating costs of about 20 percent in the first year.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators