Wachovia Plans 300 ‘Green’ Branches
Eight new offices in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and Riverside counties will open starting in November. All will have silver-level LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Wachovia is also seeking the higher gold-level certification at some centers.
Plans include lower water flow in restrooms, energy-efficient lighting, educational displays, bike racks and preferred parking for low-emission cars.
Wachovia expects to save up to $80,000 in construction costs for each new branch built, reduce overall energy use and see reduced operating costs of about 20 percent in the first year.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy