Wachovia Plans 300 ‘Green’ Branches
Eight new offices in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara and Riverside counties will open starting in November. All will have silver-level LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Wachovia is also seeking the higher gold-level certification at some centers.
Plans include lower water flow in restrooms, energy-efficient lighting, educational displays, bike racks and preferred parking for low-emission cars.
Wachovia expects to save up to $80,000 in construction costs for each new branch built, reduce overall energy use and see reduced operating costs of about 20 percent in the first year.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned