Braun Floats ‘Green Grooming’ As Selling Point
Procter & Gambles’ Braun Shavers says that its entire line of men’s electric shaver chargers have received ENERGY STAR qualification, making Braun the world’s first shaver brand with ENERGY STAR-qualified battery chargers.
Braun shavers feature Smart Plugs that use 64 percent less energy than standard shavers. Based on the total number of Braun shavers sold in the U.S., the company says that this translates into preventing 12,308,744 pounds of CO2 from being emitted into the atmosphere annually. This, the company says, is equivalent to removing 1,073 cars from the road, planting 1,526 acres of forest or lighting 5,861 homes for a year.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs