Braun Floats ‘Green Grooming’ As Selling Point
Procter & Gambles’ Braun Shavers says that its entire line of men’s electric shaver chargers have received ENERGY STAR qualification, making Braun the world’s first shaver brand with ENERGY STAR-qualified battery chargers.
Braun shavers feature Smart Plugs that use 64 percent less energy than standard shavers. Based on the total number of Braun shavers sold in the U.S., the company says that this translates into preventing 12,308,744 pounds of CO2 from being emitted into the atmosphere annually. This, the company says, is equivalent to removing 1,073 cars from the road, planting 1,526 acres of forest or lighting 5,861 homes for a year.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps