Braun Floats ‘Green Grooming’ As Selling Point
Procter & Gambles’ Braun Shavers says that its entire line of men’s electric shaver chargers have received ENERGY STAR qualification, making Braun the world’s first shaver brand with ENERGY STAR-qualified battery chargers.
Braun shavers feature Smart Plugs that use 64 percent less energy than standard shavers. Based on the total number of Braun shavers sold in the U.S., the company says that this translates into preventing 12,308,744 pounds of CO2 from being emitted into the atmosphere annually. This, the company says, is equivalent to removing 1,073 cars from the road, planting 1,526 acres of forest or lighting 5,861 homes for a year.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls