Braun Floats ‘Green Grooming’ As Selling Point
Procter & Gambles’ Braun Shavers says that its entire line of men’s electric shaver chargers have received ENERGY STAR qualification, making Braun the world’s first shaver brand with ENERGY STAR-qualified battery chargers.
Braun shavers feature Smart Plugs that use 64 percent less energy than standard shavers. Based on the total number of Braun shavers sold in the U.S., the company says that this translates into preventing 12,308,744 pounds of CO2 from being emitted into the atmosphere annually. This, the company says, is equivalent to removing 1,073 cars from the road, planting 1,526 acres of forest or lighting 5,861 homes for a year.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform