John Deere Helps Farmers Harvest Wind Crop
As part of a strategic alliance with John Deere, which provides financing and turbines, Momentum Renewable Energy is poised to break ground on its first set of projects: a 5- and a 10-megawatt wind farm at Threemile Canyon Farms in Boardman, Oregon, Sustainable Industries reports.
According to the article, John Deere’s participation is a no-brainer – the easier it is for farmers and their children to continue farming profitably, the more customers the company will have.
Farmers can lease land back to the developers or purchase equity in the wind farm.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency