John Deere Helps Farmers Harvest Wind Crop
As part of a strategic alliance with John Deere, which provides financing and turbines, Momentum Renewable Energy is poised to break ground on its first set of projects: a 5- and a 10-megawatt wind farm at Threemile Canyon Farms in Boardman, Oregon, Sustainable Industries reports.
According to the article, John Deere’s participation is a no-brainer – the easier it is for farmers and their children to continue farming profitably, the more customers the company will have.
Farmers can lease land back to the developers or purchase equity in the wind farm.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years