John Deere Helps Farmers Harvest Wind Crop
As part of a strategic alliance with John Deere, which provides financing and turbines, Momentum Renewable Energy is poised to break ground on its first set of projects: a 5- and a 10-megawatt wind farm at Threemile Canyon Farms in Boardman, Oregon, Sustainable Industries reports.
According to the article, John Deere’s participation is a no-brainer – the easier it is for farmers and their children to continue farming profitably, the more customers the company will have.
Farmers can lease land back to the developers or purchase equity in the wind farm.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls