John Deere Helps Farmers Harvest Wind Crop
As part of a strategic alliance with John Deere, which provides financing and turbines, Momentum Renewable Energy is poised to break ground on its first set of projects: a 5- and a 10-megawatt wind farm at Threemile Canyon Farms in Boardman, Oregon, Sustainable Industries reports.
According to the article, John Deere’s participation is a no-brainer – the easier it is for farmers and their children to continue farming profitably, the more customers the company will have.
Farmers can lease land back to the developers or purchase equity in the wind farm.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity