John Deere Helps Farmers Harvest Wind Crop
As part of a strategic alliance with John Deere, which provides financing and turbines, Momentum Renewable Energy is poised to break ground on its first set of projects: a 5- and a 10-megawatt wind farm at Threemile Canyon Farms in Boardman, Oregon, Sustainable Industries reports.
According to the article, John Deere’s participation is a no-brainer – the easier it is for farmers and their children to continue farming profitably, the more customers the company will have.
Farmers can lease land back to the developers or purchase equity in the wind farm.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage