Top 10 Greenest Companies In The World
1. Vestas Wind Systems has more than 30,000 wind turbines generating electricity globally and its high-tech systems are 80 per cent recyclable. It also sources 68 per cent of its energy requirements from renewable sources.
2. Svenska Cellulosa makes paper products and is Europe’s largest private forest owner, all of which is managed to FSC standard and all wood supplied to its mills to produce papers must meet FSC criteria.
Read the article, which includes a list of top 10 UK companies here at The Independent. Here’s how the rest of the top 10 look:
6. Westpac Banking
9. BT Group
Other green lists:
Portfolio 21 recently released its Top 10 financial performers among companies implementing environmental business strategies Vestas was on top of that list too).
In January, Innovest Strategic Value Advisors released its Global 100 list of the most sustainable corporations in the world.
CNBC European Business rolled out its list of the top 50 low-carbon pioneers.
Plenty Magazine has predicted the next green companies set to change the world.
Fortune magazine has published a special report “Going Green” which includes a list of ten companies that the editors feel go beyond what the law requires to operate in an environmentally responsible way.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls