Top 10 Greenest Companies In The World
1. Vestas Wind Systems has more than 30,000 wind turbines generating electricity globally and its high-tech systems are 80 per cent recyclable. It also sources 68 per cent of its energy requirements from renewable sources.
2. Svenska Cellulosa makes paper products and is Europe’s largest private forest owner, all of which is managed to FSC standard and all wood supplied to its mills to produce papers must meet FSC criteria.
Read the article, which includes a list of top 10 UK companies here at The Independent. Here’s how the rest of the top 10 look:
6. Westpac Banking
9. BT Group
Other green lists:
Portfolio 21 recently released its Top 10 financial performers among companies implementing environmental business strategies Vestas was on top of that list too).
In January, Innovest Strategic Value Advisors released its Global 100 list of the most sustainable corporations in the world.
CNBC European Business rolled out its list of the top 50 low-carbon pioneers.
Plenty Magazine has predicted the next green companies set to change the world.
Fortune magazine has published a special report “Going Green” which includes a list of ten companies that the editors feel go beyond what the law requires to operate in an environmentally responsible way.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps