Green Practices Not Just For Large Corporations
It’s not just large companies that are benefiting from using green products and practices, Chief Engineer reports.
For example, W&M Properties, a New York-based real estate company that also has a construction affiliate, has switched its fleet to hybrid Ford Escape cars which the company president says pay for themselves in the fuel savings.
It has also implemented recycling programs in the buildings it manages. The company is also currently recycling about half the materials it’s removing from a project being done for Pitney Bowes.
W&M says that “people want to do business in an environmentally sustainable fashion and we are at a competitive advantage by moving the needle toward green,” according to the article.
Other companies are finding that environmental efforts are good for morale and that that good feeling and positive attitude filters down to their interactions with customers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B