Green Practices Not Just For Large Corporations
It’s not just large companies that are benefiting from using green products and practices, Chief Engineer reports.
For example, W&M Properties, a New York-based real estate company that also has a construction affiliate, has switched its fleet to hybrid Ford Escape cars which the company president says pay for themselves in the fuel savings.
It has also implemented recycling programs in the buildings it manages. The company is also currently recycling about half the materials it’s removing from a project being done for Pitney Bowes.
W&M says that “people want to do business in an environmentally sustainable fashion and we are at a competitive advantage by moving the needle toward green,” according to the article.
Other companies are finding that environmental efforts are good for morale and that that good feeling and positive attitude filters down to their interactions with customers.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Retail Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 4
- Urjanet Partners with ENERGY STAR on Portfolio Manager
- Ketra Creates ‘Dynamic’ LED Light
- 4 Federal Agencies Join to Procure Solar
- Sunwave, Ideal Power Work Together on Energy Storage
- DOE Invests $6M to Increase Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings
- Natural Gas Projected to Provide Larger Share of Electricity Generation
- Industrial Gas Company Switches to Wind-Generated Electricity at Oregon Plant