Green Practices Not Just For Large Corporations
It’s not just large companies that are benefiting from using green products and practices, Chief Engineer reports.
For example, W&M Properties, a New York-based real estate company that also has a construction affiliate, has switched its fleet to hybrid Ford Escape cars which the company president says pay for themselves in the fuel savings.
It has also implemented recycling programs in the buildings it manages. The company is also currently recycling about half the materials it’s removing from a project being done for Pitney Bowes.
W&M says that “people want to do business in an environmentally sustainable fashion and we are at a competitive advantage by moving the needle toward green,” according to the article.
Other companies are finding that environmental efforts are good for morale and that that good feeling and positive attitude filters down to their interactions with customers.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls