Green Practices Not Just For Large Corporations
It’s not just large companies that are benefiting from using green products and practices, Chief Engineer reports.
For example, W&M Properties, a New York-based real estate company that also has a construction affiliate, has switched its fleet to hybrid Ford Escape cars which the company president says pay for themselves in the fuel savings.
It has also implemented recycling programs in the buildings it manages. The company is also currently recycling about half the materials it’s removing from a project being done for Pitney Bowes.
W&M says that “people want to do business in an environmentally sustainable fashion and we are at a competitive advantage by moving the needle toward green,” according to the article.
Other companies are finding that environmental efforts are good for morale and that that good feeling and positive attitude filters down to their interactions with customers.
Energy Manager News
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers