HP Desktop Receives EPEAT-Gold Status
EPEAT-registered products are designated as bronze, silver or gold depending on the number of environmental features they possess, such as reduced levels of hazardous materials, improved energy efficiency, and ease of upgrade and recycle. In January, Bush mandated through executive order that EPEAT-registered electronic products comprise 95 percent of all federal agency purchases.
The HP rp5700 is built with 95 percent recyclable components. Plastic components in the system are made on average of at least 10 percent post-consumer recycled plastics, and the outer packaging contains at least 25 percent post-consumer recycled cardboard. It features a standard, 80 percent efficient power supply that is up to 15 percent more efficient than standard power supplies, according to HP.
An introductory-level system meeting the EPEAT-Gold criteria is available for an estimated U.S. list price of $817, according to HP.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledgeâ€“and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners