The Vatican Goes Green
The Vatican will start using some solar energy, Forbes reports.
The roof of the Paul VI , 6,300-seat auditorium will be redone next year, with its cement panels replaced with photovoltaic cells to convert sunlight into electricity.
The cells will produce enough electricity to light, heat or cool the building. Excess energy will feed into the the Vatican’s network.
The Vatican is considering the installation of solar power on roofs of other buildings, although centuries-old landmarks like St. Peter’s Basilica won’t be touched.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy