Nissan Plant Installs Solar Panels
Nissan is installing 606 solar panels at its Barcelona vehicle plant, Easier reports (via SolarBuzz). The panels will cover a surface of 3,000 square-metres and generate 308,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Of the total, 480 are photovoltaic panels which convert sunlight directly into electricity and have already started operations. The remaining 126 panels, which will be put in place by the end of the summer, are thermal panels which will be used for heating water for the vehicle paint process, among other industrial purposes.
Nissan is also installing 732 solar panels at its light commercial vehicle plant in Avila, Spain this summer.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility