Nissan Plant Installs Solar Panels
Nissan is installing 606 solar panels at its Barcelona vehicle plant, Easier reports (via SolarBuzz). The panels will cover a surface of 3,000 square-metres and generate 308,000 kWh of electricity per year.
Of the total, 480 are photovoltaic panels which convert sunlight directly into electricity and have already started operations. The remaining 126 panels, which will be put in place by the end of the summer, are thermal panels which will be used for heating water for the vehicle paint process, among other industrial purposes.
Nissan is also installing 732 solar panels at its light commercial vehicle plant in Avila, Spain this summer.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant