Discovery Begins Planet Green Push
Discovery Networks is trying to engage affiliates, sponsors and consumers with eco-friendly initiatives this summer in anticipation of launching its 24-hour Green TV channel next year.
“As a media company, we’re the company best-positioned to really take a leadership position in the eco-space,” Discovery Communications senior vice president of affiliate marketing Mike Snyder said in a Multichannel News story (via Broadcast News).
The first initiative could enhance existing paperless billing ampaigns by various operators by offering cross-channel spots, as well as Web and phone campaigns, that focus on the environmental benefits of paperless billing and statements.
The other ad portion of Discovery’s Planet Green push comes in the form of affiliate-taggable eco-tips to drive business for affiliates and to drive traffic to Planet Green.
Finally, Discovery will hype Planet Green in select markets via its annual Animal Planet Expo, a multicity tour that kicked off Memorial Day weekend.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council