Discovery Begins Planet Green Push
Discovery Networks is trying to engage affiliates, sponsors and consumers with eco-friendly initiatives this summer in anticipation of launching its 24-hour Green TV channel next year.
“As a media company, we’re the company best-positioned to really take a leadership position in the eco-space,” Discovery Communications senior vice president of affiliate marketing Mike Snyder said in a Multichannel News story (via Broadcast News).
The first initiative could enhance existing paperless billing ampaigns by various operators by offering cross-channel spots, as well as Web and phone campaigns, that focus on the environmental benefits of paperless billing and statements.
The other ad portion of Discovery’s Planet Green push comes in the form of affiliate-taggable eco-tips to drive business for affiliates and to drive traffic to Planet Green.
Finally, Discovery will hype Planet Green in select markets via its annual Animal Planet Expo, a multicity tour that kicked off Memorial Day weekend.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls