Discovery Begins Planet Green Push
Discovery Networks is trying to engage affiliates, sponsors and consumers with eco-friendly initiatives this summer in anticipation of launching its 24-hour Green TV channel next year.
“As a media company, we’re the company best-positioned to really take a leadership position in the eco-space,” Discovery Communications senior vice president of affiliate marketing Mike Snyder said in a Multichannel News story (via Broadcast News).
The first initiative could enhance existing paperless billing ampaigns by various operators by offering cross-channel spots, as well as Web and phone campaigns, that focus on the environmental benefits of paperless billing and statements.
The other ad portion of Discovery’s Planet Green push comes in the form of affiliate-taggable eco-tips to drive business for affiliates and to drive traffic to Planet Green.
Finally, Discovery will hype Planet Green in select markets via its annual Animal Planet Expo, a multicity tour that kicked off Memorial Day weekend.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps