Nau Buys Carbon Offsets, RECs
Clothing company Nau is purchasing carbon offsets and renewable energy certificates to reduce its carbon footprint in several parts of its business.
The carbon offsets, from The Climate Trust, will be applied to CO2 emissions associated with shipping products from factories to distribution centers, and from the distribution centers to Nau’s retail “Webfront” stores and to customers’ homes. Instead of encouraging in-store shopping, Nau offers free shipping and a 10 percent discount if customers order clothes online from these in-store kiosks.
Offsets will also be applied to employees’ corporate air travel.
The renewable energy certificates from wind and solar power being purchased from Bonneville Environmental Foundation will cover the electric power used to operate Nau’s retail stores and its office in Portland, Oregon. Nau has four stores located in Portland, Chicago, Boulder and Bellevue, WA.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’