Nau Buys Carbon Offsets, RECs
Clothing company Nau is purchasing carbon offsets and renewable energy certificates to reduce its carbon footprint in several parts of its business.
The carbon offsets, from The Climate Trust, will be applied to CO2 emissions associated with shipping products from factories to distribution centers, and from the distribution centers to Nau’s retail “Webfront” stores and to customers’ homes. Instead of encouraging in-store shopping, Nau offers free shipping and a 10 percent discount if customers order clothes online from these in-store kiosks.
Offsets will also be applied to employees’ corporate air travel.
The renewable energy certificates from wind and solar power being purchased from Bonneville Environmental Foundation will cover the electric power used to operate Nau’s retail stores and its office in Portland, Oregon. Nau has four stores located in Portland, Chicago, Boulder and Bellevue, WA.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Panasonic Develops Highly Efficient Photovoltaic Module
- Energy Source Provides LEDs to WNA
- LDS Church Lauded by Rocky Mountain Power
- Energy Stats for Boston Buildings Online
- Bowling Green University Tabs Cree for Field House LEDs
- Tarrant County College Opens its $42M Energy Training Center
- The Tie Between Cyber Security and Energy Management
- FuelCell Finalizes DOE Awards