Nau Buys Carbon Offsets, RECs
Clothing company Nau is purchasing carbon offsets and renewable energy certificates to reduce its carbon footprint in several parts of its business.
The carbon offsets, from The Climate Trust, will be applied to CO2 emissions associated with shipping products from factories to distribution centers, and from the distribution centers to Nau’s retail “Webfront” stores and to customers’ homes. Instead of encouraging in-store shopping, Nau offers free shipping and a 10 percent discount if customers order clothes online from these in-store kiosks.
Offsets will also be applied to employees’ corporate air travel.
The renewable energy certificates from wind and solar power being purchased from Bonneville Environmental Foundation will cover the electric power used to operate Nau’s retail stores and its office in Portland, Oregon. Nau has four stores located in Portland, Chicago, Boulder and Bellevue, WA.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense