PriceGrabber Jumps Into Green Shopping Fray
With the launch of ShopGreen, comparison shopping site PriceGrabber.com has added its name to the list of sites with green shopping sections. It currently offers a selection of more than 20,000 products. Initial vendors include Staples, Office Depot, Hemp Clothiers and Greenculture. Sponsors include Sephora, Backcountry.com, Planetshoes.com and Novica.
Like other categories on PriceGrabber, ShopGreen includes product reviews and merchant ratings and reviews. ShopGreen also has a blog.
PriceGrabber is donating five percent of its ShopGreen profits to environmental nonprofit organizations. Site visitors vote to select the organization that will receive the donation, which will be given monthly.
Other recent green shopping developments:
SustainLane offers a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services.
Amazon.com launched its e-commerce page dedicated to green products in April.
MarketingGreen has a good article on other green consumer sites.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array