PriceGrabber Jumps Into Green Shopping Fray
With the launch of ShopGreen, comparison shopping site PriceGrabber.com has added its name to the list of sites with green shopping sections. It currently offers a selection of more than 20,000 products. Initial vendors include Staples, Office Depot, Hemp Clothiers and Greenculture. Sponsors include Sephora, Backcountry.com, Planetshoes.com and Novica.
Like other categories on PriceGrabber, ShopGreen includes product reviews and merchant ratings and reviews. ShopGreen also has a blog.
PriceGrabber is donating five percent of its ShopGreen profits to environmental nonprofit organizations. Site visitors vote to select the organization that will receive the donation, which will be given monthly.
Other recent green shopping developments:
SustainLane offers a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services.
Amazon.com launched its e-commerce page dedicated to green products in April.
MarketingGreen has a good article on other green consumer sites.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.