PriceGrabber Jumps Into Green Shopping Fray
With the launch of ShopGreen, comparison shopping site PriceGrabber.com has added its name to the list of sites with green shopping sections. It currently offers a selection of more than 20,000 products. Initial vendors include Staples, Office Depot, Hemp Clothiers and Greenculture. Sponsors include Sephora, Backcountry.com, Planetshoes.com and Novica.
Like other categories on PriceGrabber, ShopGreen includes product reviews and merchant ratings and reviews. ShopGreen also has a blog.
PriceGrabber is donating five percent of its ShopGreen profits to environmental nonprofit organizations. Site visitors vote to select the organization that will receive the donation, which will be given monthly.
Other recent green shopping developments:
SustainLane offers a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services.
Amazon.com launched its e-commerce page dedicated to green products in April.
MarketingGreen has a good article on other green consumer sites.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend