PriceGrabber Jumps Into Green Shopping Fray
With the launch of ShopGreen, comparison shopping site PriceGrabber.com has added its name to the list of sites with green shopping sections. It currently offers a selection of more than 20,000 products. Initial vendors include Staples, Office Depot, Hemp Clothiers and Greenculture. Sponsors include Sephora, Backcountry.com, Planetshoes.com and Novica.
Like other categories on PriceGrabber, ShopGreen includes product reviews and merchant ratings and reviews. ShopGreen also has a blog.
PriceGrabber is donating five percent of its ShopGreen profits to environmental nonprofit organizations. Site visitors vote to select the organization that will receive the donation, which will be given monthly.
Other recent green shopping developments:
SustainLane offers a user-generated review site and directory for green products and services.
Amazon.com launched its e-commerce page dedicated to green products in April.
MarketingGreen has a good article on other green consumer sites.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B