Telefonica Gets Largest Building-Based Solar Power Plant In Europe
Company officials say their new Madrid office complex will have more than 16,000 solar panels and will be able to generate approximately 3 mega-watts at peak power, which translates into over 3.6 gigawatt hours per year.
Officials estimate that the design will enable Telefonica to reduce their winter heating bill by 15 percent. They will see a 34 percent reduction in air conditioning during the summer months.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council