Telefonica Gets Largest Building-Based Solar Power Plant In Europe
Company officials say their new Madrid office complex will have more than 16,000 solar panels and will be able to generate approximately 3 mega-watts at peak power, which translates into over 3.6 gigawatt hours per year.
Officials estimate that the design will enable Telefonica to reduce their winter heating bill by 15 percent. They will see a 34 percent reduction in air conditioning during the summer months.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls