Telefonica Gets Largest Building-Based Solar Power Plant In Europe
Company officials say their new Madrid office complex will have more than 16,000 solar panels and will be able to generate approximately 3 mega-watts at peak power, which translates into over 3.6 gigawatt hours per year.
Officials estimate that the design will enable Telefonica to reduce their winter heating bill by 15 percent. They will see a 34 percent reduction in air conditioning during the summer months.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms