Green Transportation News Roundup
Worldchanging has released its roundup of last week’s news on sustainable mobility. The top story is the Senate’s debate on the energy bill.
The bill and proposed amendments tackle a broad range of issues, from increasing fuel economy; a national low-carbon fuel standard; a national geothermal energy initiative; a wave, -tide- and current-energy initiative; a significant increase in the renewable fuels standard; support for plug-in hybrids and electric drive transportation; coal-to-liquids programs; and more.
The auto industry weighed in to support the more lenient proposal for fuel economy standards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland