Green Transportation News Roundup
Worldchanging has released its roundup of last week’s news on sustainable mobility. The top story is the Senate’s debate on the energy bill.
The bill and proposed amendments tackle a broad range of issues, from increasing fuel economy; a national low-carbon fuel standard; a national geothermal energy initiative; a wave, -tide- and current-energy initiative; a significant increase in the renewable fuels standard; support for plug-in hybrids and electric drive transportation; coal-to-liquids programs; and more.
The auto industry weighed in to support the more lenient proposal for fuel economy standards.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy