Green Transportation News Roundup
Worldchanging has released its roundup of last week’s news on sustainable mobility. The top story is the Senate’s debate on the energy bill.
The bill and proposed amendments tackle a broad range of issues, from increasing fuel economy; a national low-carbon fuel standard; a national geothermal energy initiative; a wave, -tide- and current-energy initiative; a significant increase in the renewable fuels standard; support for plug-in hybrids and electric drive transportation; coal-to-liquids programs; and more.
The auto industry weighed in to support the more lenient proposal for fuel economy standards.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities