Green Transportation News Roundup
Worldchanging has released its roundup of last week’s news on sustainable mobility. The top story is the Senate’s debate on the energy bill.
The bill and proposed amendments tackle a broad range of issues, from increasing fuel economy; a national low-carbon fuel standard; a national geothermal energy initiative; a wave, -tide- and current-energy initiative; a significant increase in the renewable fuels standard; support for plug-in hybrids and electric drive transportation; coal-to-liquids programs; and more.
The auto industry weighed in to support the more lenient proposal for fuel economy standards.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works