90% Of Consumers Distrust Corporate & Govt Climate Change Info
Nine out of 10 consumers are skeptical about climate change information from companies and governments, according to a new survey out later this week from Consumers International and Accountability, The Guardian reports.
More than 40 percent of consumers distrust what they hear about global warming from businesses while a further 50 percent do not know whether to believe corporate claims or not.
This contrasts with 60 percent who trust scientists and almost half who put the same faith in environmental groups.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B