Coca-Cola HBC Reports On Sustainable Development
The report covers the four key areas of responsibility as identified by the company: the Marketplace, the Workplace, the Environment, and the Community.
The company says that in assessing its own carbon footprint, the company undertook a number of measures to reduce – and eventually eliminate – the impact of harmful emissions.
In 2006, the company reports that:
ISO 14001 was achieved in 59 plants, 81 percent of volume produced,
Water efficiency improved eight percent,
Energy efficiency improved six percent,
Solid waste ratio reduced by 11 percent, and
Waste recycling increased by 10 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works