Coca-Cola HBC Reports On Sustainable Development
The report covers the four key areas of responsibility as identified by the company: the Marketplace, the Workplace, the Environment, and the Community.
The company says that in assessing its own carbon footprint, the company undertook a number of measures to reduce – and eventually eliminate – the impact of harmful emissions.
In 2006, the company reports that:
ISO 14001 was achieved in 59 plants, 81 percent of volume produced,
Water efficiency improved eight percent,
Energy efficiency improved six percent,
Solid waste ratio reduced by 11 percent, and
Waste recycling increased by 10 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland