Coca-Cola HBC Reports On Sustainable Development
The report covers the four key areas of responsibility as identified by the company: the Marketplace, the Workplace, the Environment, and the Community.
The company says that in assessing its own carbon footprint, the company undertook a number of measures to reduce – and eventually eliminate – the impact of harmful emissions.
In 2006, the company reports that:
ISO 14001 was achieved in 59 plants, 81 percent of volume produced,
Water efficiency improved eight percent,
Energy efficiency improved six percent,
Solid waste ratio reduced by 11 percent, and
Waste recycling increased by 10 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses