Mapping Tool Highlights Building’s Solar Energy Potential
CH2M Hill Enterprise Management Solutions, together with the City and County of San Francisco’s Department of the Environment, is launching a solar mapping Web portal that estimates the solar energy potential for commercial and residential structures in San Francisco, and allows building owners to visualize the potential environmental benefits and monetary savings that would result from installing solar energy panels on their property.
The portal will be officially launched today at noon. The portal’s web address hasn’t been provided – check the CH2M Web site later today for information. CH2M says that the solution is publicly accessible, and is replicable for use in other cities and counties throughout the world.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years