Flexcar Launches Carbon Offset Membership Plan
Flexcar has partnered with TerraPass to create a new type of membership – the Green Membership – that lets members offset their Flexcar emissions. The option, which costs $9.95 per year (in addition to the regular $35 annual Flexcar membership fee), reduces one ton of carbon emissions, according to the companies.
TerraPass says it will use the funds to sponsor clean energy projects that are certified to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“Flexcar’s members are already making a considerable contribution to the health of our planet,” said Tom Arnold, founder and chief environmental officer of TerraPass. “With Flexcar’s Green Membership, they can further reduce the environmental impact of their Flexcar use.”
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike