Flexcar Launches Carbon Offset Membership Plan
Flexcar has partnered with TerraPass to create a new type of membership – the Green Membership – that lets members offset their Flexcar emissions. The option, which costs $9.95 per year (in addition to the regular $35 annual Flexcar membership fee), reduces one ton of carbon emissions, according to the companies.
TerraPass says it will use the funds to sponsor clean energy projects that are certified to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“Flexcar’s members are already making a considerable contribution to the health of our planet,” said Tom Arnold, founder and chief environmental officer of TerraPass. “With Flexcar’s Green Membership, they can further reduce the environmental impact of their Flexcar use.”
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE