Flexcar Launches Carbon Offset Membership Plan
Flexcar has partnered with TerraPass to create a new type of membership – the Green Membership – that lets members offset their Flexcar emissions. The option, which costs $9.95 per year (in addition to the regular $35 annual Flexcar membership fee), reduces one ton of carbon emissions, according to the companies.
TerraPass says it will use the funds to sponsor clean energy projects that are certified to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“Flexcar’s members are already making a considerable contribution to the health of our planet,” said Tom Arnold, founder and chief environmental officer of TerraPass. “With Flexcar’s Green Membership, they can further reduce the environmental impact of their Flexcar use.”
Energy Manager News
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills