Flexcar Launches Carbon Offset Membership Plan
Flexcar has partnered with TerraPass to create a new type of membership – the Green Membership – that lets members offset their Flexcar emissions. The option, which costs $9.95 per year (in addition to the regular $35 annual Flexcar membership fee), reduces one ton of carbon emissions, according to the companies.
TerraPass says it will use the funds to sponsor clean energy projects that are certified to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“Flexcar’s members are already making a considerable contribution to the health of our planet,” said Tom Arnold, founder and chief environmental officer of TerraPass. “With Flexcar’s Green Membership, they can further reduce the environmental impact of their Flexcar use.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System