Flexcar Launches Carbon Offset Membership Plan
Flexcar has partnered with TerraPass to create a new type of membership – the Green Membership – that lets members offset their Flexcar emissions. The option, which costs $9.95 per year (in addition to the regular $35 annual Flexcar membership fee), reduces one ton of carbon emissions, according to the companies.
TerraPass says it will use the funds to sponsor clean energy projects that are certified to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“Flexcar’s members are already making a considerable contribution to the health of our planet,” said Tom Arnold, founder and chief environmental officer of TerraPass. “With Flexcar’s Green Membership, they can further reduce the environmental impact of their Flexcar use.”
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016