Energy Tax Package Sent To U.S. Senate
The U.S. Senate Finance Committee approved an updated package of energy tax incentives, which contains a five- year extension of the tax credit for the production of electricity from wind, geothermal, biomass and other renewable energy resources, Renewable Energy Access reports.
It also extends the investment tax credit for business investments in solar, fuel cells and microturbine technology for an additional eight years. For homeowners, it extends tax credits for six years, through 2014, that help defray the cost of shifting to solar electric, solar water heating and fuel cell technologies. And it creates a new tax credit for residents using wind technology.
Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) is expected to offer the tax package this week as an amendment to the energy bill currently on the Senate floor.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant