Energy Tax Package Sent To U.S. Senate
The U.S. Senate Finance Committee approved an updated package of energy tax incentives, which contains a five- year extension of the tax credit for the production of electricity from wind, geothermal, biomass and other renewable energy resources, Renewable Energy Access reports.
It also extends the investment tax credit for business investments in solar, fuel cells and microturbine technology for an additional eight years. For homeowners, it extends tax credits for six years, through 2014, that help defray the cost of shifting to solar electric, solar water heating and fuel cell technologies. And it creates a new tax credit for residents using wind technology.
Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) is expected to offer the tax package this week as an amendment to the energy bill currently on the Senate floor.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management